Find reflections on scripture, concepts for worship and disciple formation, music, liturgy, and more to invigorate your worship planning. Most of these come from Methodist sources and reflect Wesleyan theology.
Hope: A worship series for Advent and Christmas 2020
Download these resources for preaching, worship, and small groups for an Advent and Christmas series on “Hope.” A group of Susquehanna Conference clergy members along with colleagues at Impact Church in East Point, Georgia, created the material. Rev. Olu Brown’s book Hope: An Advent Journey inspired this work.
Reboot Your Worship: Pandemic Edition (2020)
Susquehanna Conference is offering all our clergy and lay FREE access to Marcia McFee's "Reboot Your Worship" training, starting on September 20, 2020. You will have access to six weeks of downloadable materials and six live webinars (also recorded for your archives) from Dr. McFee, a renowned worship consultant. You will learn five ways to improve your church’s worship immediately, no matter the size or style of worship and without a big budget or drastic change. This course explores the basics of sensory-rich worship design while emphasizing safety protocols and creativity for online worship--without causing clergy burnout. Clergy can invite unlimited members of their worship teams to participate. Register today.
United Methodist–Related Sources
- The worship staff at this United Methodist agency provides weekly scripture commentary, sermon ideas, United Methodist Book of Worship content, and worship service suggestions for the upcoming seasons and Revised Common Lectionary readings.
- Scripture reflections for preaching, planning and leading worship, services for special occasions, prayers and litanies, complete orders of worship, worship for children, music, and more.
- Articles, suggestions, references, and more for United Methodist congregational ministry, including worship resources.
- A comprehensive index of hymns and hymnals.
- A religious order dedicated to sacramental and liturgical scholarship, education, and practice.
- A three-year cycle of scripture texts used by many church bodies around the world.
- Innovative ideas for sensory-rich and well-integrated worship services. Led by Dr. Marcia McFee, a recognized United Methodist worship designer and author, the site offers videos, interviews, resources, advice for coordinating worship teamwork, webinars, and crowdsourcing. The material applies to churches of various sizes and worship styles.