Find reflections on scripture, concepts for worship and disciple formation, music, liturgy, and more to invigorate your worship planning. Most of these come from Methodist sources and reflect Wesleyan theology.
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, January. 18-15
At least once a year, Christians are reminded of Jesus’ prayer for his disciples that “they may be one so that the world may believe” (see John 17.21). Congregations all over the world exchange preachers or arrange special ecumenical celebrations and prayer services. Traditionally, the week of prayer is celebrated Jan. 18-25.
Human Relations Day, January 16
Gifts offered for this Special Sunday support neighborhood ministries. Your gifts are part of building beloved community through faith-based volunteer programs, community developers and programs that work with at-risk teens.
United Methodist–Related Sources
- The worship staff at this United Methodist agency provides weekly scripture commentary, sermon ideas, United Methodist Book of Worship content, and worship service suggestions for the upcoming seasons and Revised Common Lectionary readings.
- Scripture reflections for preaching, planning and leading worship, services for special occasions, prayers and litanies, complete orders of worship, worship for children, music, and more.
- Articles, suggestions, references, and more for United Methodist congregational ministry, including worship resources.
- A comprehensive index of hymns and hymnals.
- A religious order dedicated to sacramental and liturgical scholarship, education, and practice.
- A three-year cycle of scripture texts used by many church bodies around the world.
- Innovative ideas for sensory-rich and well-integrated worship services. Led by Dr. Marcia McFee, a recognized United Methodist worship designer and author, the site offers videos, interviews, resources, advice for coordinating worship teamwork, webinars, and crowdsourcing. The material applies to churches of various sizes and worship styles.