Find reflections on scripture, concepts for worship and disciple formation, music, liturgy, and more to invigorate your worship planning. Most of these come from Methodist sources and reflect Wesleyan theology.
Easter Season Worship Resources
Dare to Dance Again
Marcia McFee of Worship Design Studio is offering a ready-to-go and fully scripted Easter season series to help you plan worship and other ways to observe the season (including an Easter Parade idea). “Dare to Dance Again” acknowledges that pain remains from a difficult year of pandemic, but the resurrection speaks powerfully to our moving forward. The material includes visual and video ideas, adaptable liturgy content, and theme music. Fee is $10 per week. (Churches facing pandemic-related hardship may qualify for a discount.) Learn More
Social Media Graphics
United Methodist Communications has created free social-media graphics churches can use to accompany messages during Lent through Pentecost. Consider using them alongside an invitation to worship, a Scripture verse, or a message from a clergy-person or a layperson from your church. (This is a direct return to you on your investment in shares of ministry.) View Graphics
Worship Services for Pastors' Sunday Sabbaths
These videos work best when viewed on YouTube or downloaded and shown via a web conferencing program such as Zoom or Google Meets. Churches that prefer to use Facebook for their worship services may consider putting in a Facebook post a link to the YouTube version, and instructing your participants to tune on a specific date and time.
This service explores the Christian meaning of love. Joyce Davis, the Susquehanna Conference lay leader, preaches on the story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37). Rev. Paul Amara, superintendent of the Williamsport District; Rev. Kevin Witt, director of Growing Spiritual Transformational Leaders and Camp & Retreat Ministry; and members of The Journey Church in Harrisburg provide leadership. The suggested Sunday for this service is February 14.
As a way to help our pastors find a much-needed rest in the midst of the challenges these days, Rev. Gary Shockley (Equipping Vital Congregations Director) has created a 40-minute service for use in worship. The service contains prayers, Scripture readings, a sermon, and video hymns that provide an entire worship experience. Gary hopes this resource will give pastors a much-needed break and a time of encouragement for congregations in this pandemic.
United Methodist–Related Sources
- The worship staff at this United Methodist agency provides weekly scripture commentary, sermon ideas, United Methodist Book of Worship content, and worship service suggestions for the upcoming seasons and Revised Common Lectionary readings.
- Scripture reflections for preaching, planning and leading worship, services for special occasions, prayers and litanies, complete orders of worship, worship for children, music, and more.
- Articles, suggestions, references, and more for United Methodist congregational ministry, including worship resources.
- A comprehensive index of hymns and hymnals.
- A religious order dedicated to sacramental and liturgical scholarship, education, and practice.
- A three-year cycle of scripture texts used by many church bodies around the world.
- Innovative ideas for sensory-rich and well-integrated worship services. Led by Dr. Marcia McFee, a recognized United Methodist worship designer and author, the site offers videos, interviews, resources, advice for coordinating worship teamwork, webinars, and crowdsourcing. The material applies to churches of various sizes and worship styles.