Safety Talks & Alerts
Safety Talks by Month
- January - Winter Walking
- February - Snow Shoveling
- March - Protect your back & Avoid Back Injuries - Child care
- April - Keep It Neat & General Hazards
- May - Conference Wants to Hear from YOU!
- June - Bloodborne Pathogens
- July - Heat Stress
- August - Prevent Falls on Stairs
- September - Ladder Safety
- October - Chemical Safety
- November - Prepare NOW for Winter Weather
- December - Intro. Safety Committee Website
RECENT SAFETY ALERT
Salt & Shovel Strains
A Conference employee was recently injured after a day of shoveling snow and spreading ice melt. While we don’t know we’ll see more snow and ice this winter, it’s always best to be prepared. View some ideas to minimize wear and tear from spreading salt.
- *Salt & Shovel Strains
- Trash Cans & Ice
- Promptly Report Workplace Injuries
- Prevent File Cabinets from Tipping Over
- Trip Hazards Abound!
- Prevent Slips & Falls!
- Early Childhood - Slip/Trip/Fall Risks
- Strain from Lifting Pallets
- Avoid Slips/Falls on Snow and Ice!
- Caring for an Upset Child Safely
- Watch Out for Ice
- Should I be Lifting This?
- Watch Your Step!