Safety Talks & Alerts
Did you know that heat is the leading weather-related cause of death? Millions of U.S. workers are exposed to heat in their workplaces. Hazardous heat exposure can occur indoors or outdoors, and can occur during any season if the conditions are right, not only during heat waves. Although illness from exposure to heat is preventable, every year, thousands become sick from occupational heat exposure, and some cases are fatal.
Safety Talks by Month
- January - Winter Walking & Snow Shoveling
- February - Burn Prevention & Fire Safety
- March - Protect Your Back
- April - Office Work Safety
- May - Extension Cord Safety
- June - Bloodborne Pathogens
- July - Heat Stress
- August - Physical Wellness
- September - Ladder Safety
- October - Office Fire & Electrical Concerns
- November - Preparing for Winter
- December - Keep It Neat Revised
RECENT SAFETY ALERT
A conference employee was recently injured while moving furniture.
Please follow these guidelines so you do not hurt yourself.
- *Careful Cutting
- Snow Blower Safety
- New tool to combat slips and falls on ice and snow
- Conference Safety Committee Needs YOU!
- Watch Your Step on Stairs
- Salt & Shovel Strains
- Trash Cans & Ice
- Promptly Report Workplace Injuries
- Prevent File Cabinets from Tipping Over
- Trip Hazards Abound!
- Prevent Slips & Falls!
- Early Childhood - Slip/Trip/Fall Risks
- Strain from Lifting Pallets
- Avoid Slips/Falls on Snow and Ice!
- Caring for an Upset Child Safely
- Watch Out for Ice
- Should I be Lifting This?
- Watch Your Step!