Safety Talks & Alerts
Even Office Work Can be Risky!
Did you know? Office workers are TWICE AS LIKELY to suffer a disabling injury from a fall than non-office workers. What are the risks, and how can you avoid taking the fall? Check out the December safety talk for ways to prevent injuries in the office setting.
Safety Talks by Month
- January - Winter Walking
- February - Snow Shoveling
- March - Use Mats to Reduce Slips & Falls
- April - Childcare Safety Assessment
- May - Coping with Stress
- June - Bloodborne Pathogens
- July - Heat Stress
- August - Physical Wellness
- September - Ladder Safety
- October - Office Fire & Electrical Concerns
- November - Preparing for Winter
- December - Keep It Neat Revised
RECENT SAFETY ALERT
A conference employee was recently injured while moving furniture.
Please follow these guidelines so you do not hurt yourself.
- *Careful Cutting
- Snow Blower Safety
- New tool to combat slips and falls on ice and snow
- Conference Safety Committee Needs YOU!
- Watch Your Step on Stairs
- Salt & Shovel Strains
- Trash Cans & Ice
- Promptly Report Workplace Injuries
- Prevent File Cabinets from Tipping Over
- Trip Hazards Abound!
- Prevent Slips & Falls!
- Early Childhood - Slip/Trip/Fall Risks
- Strain from Lifting Pallets
- Avoid Slips/Falls on Snow and Ice!
- Caring for an Upset Child Safely
- Watch Out for Ice
- Should I be Lifting This?
- Watch Your Step!