Online Training Coming to
As part of our report to Annual Conference, it was announced that the Safe Sanctuaries training would soon be delivered online. This is to provide for greater consistency of training and the ability to better track background checks. Finally, on October 1, we will roll out the new online training platform: MinistrySafe.
MinistrySafe was created by legal professionals who are sexual abuse experts. After decades of litigating sexual abuse cases, Gregory Love and Kimberlee Norris founded MinistrySafe to help ministries meet legal standards of care and reduce the risk of sexual abuse. Used by several other United Methodist Conferences across the country, MinistrySafe trains 25,000-30,000 people each month—live and online. Their mission is to prevent child sexual abuse in ministry contexts.
Pastors and Safe Sanctuaries Coordinators should be on the lookout for upcoming communications including: a Demo Video and an FAQ.
For those needing immediate Safe Sanctuaries Trainings, in-person training will be honored through the end of 2019. Please contact email@example.com with any questions
In 2014, the Pennsylvania Legislature enacted sweeping changes to the Child Protective Services Law (“CPSL”), including but not limited to expansion of mandated reporters, expansion of individuals subject to required background clearances from the Pennsylvania State Police, Department of Human Services and the FBI, expansion of the frequency of the required background clearances and imposition of significant criminal penalties for noncompliance with CPSL requirements. The CPSL was further amended on July 1, 2015 with the enactment of Act 15. The following Compliance Notification is intended to provide general guidance and related information to facilitate good faith compliance with the CPSL, as amended.
If you have any questions, please contact the Conference Office at 717-766-7441
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Procedures for Pastor Clearances
- Procedures for Employee Clearances
- Procedures for Volunteer Clearances
- Pa State Police Criminal History Report
- Pa Department of Human Services Certification
- FBI Criminal History Report
- (FAQs FOR NEW FINGERPRINTING INFORMATION (PDF) 11-20-17)
- Volunteer Affidavit
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Certification (Form CY 113)
- Report of Suspected Child Abuse (Form CY 47)
Conference Trainings, Policies, and Procedures
Susquehanna Conference Safe Sanctuaries Policies
- Screening, Recruiting and Selecting Procedures
- Cyber Safety/Electronic Communication Recommendations
- Responding to and Reporting Abuse
- Safe Sanctuaries Resources