Alive in Christ together we embody the beloved community of disciple-making congregations
Friday, September 15, 2023
PHONE BANK VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THIS WEEKEND
There is a need for volunteers this Saturday, September 16, to call survivors of the August 7th tornadoes that went through York County to determine if they are in need of assistance with property clean-up or if they have any unmet needs following the storm. Help is needed between 9am – noon at the York County Emergency Operations Center at 120 Davies Drive in York. If you or someone you know is able to help, please have them contact Doug Hoy, Conference Disaster Response Coordinator, immediately at 717-766-5376.
CONFERENCE BOARD OF GLOBAL MINISTRIES GRANTS
The Conference Board of Global Ministries offers grants to help churches in the Susquehanna Conference grow in their discipleship capacity in relation to loving their neighbors. Areas of particular focus are disaster relief, volunteers in missions, missions, justice, evangelism, advocacy, and training related to these topics. Grants can be applied for on a rolling basis. Our next application deadline is September 30.
LEARN MORE & APPLY TODAY
UPCOMING LAY SERVANT WORKSHOPS
- Right Stuff: Advent Workshop – How can we “love God” more? What can we give him poor as we are? Let’s work with our minds and hands on new ways to give him our hearts. This workshop will be held on October 14 – Barts Centenary UMC, 50 East King Street, Littlestown (9 am – 1 pm)
- Invent Event – How can we “love others” more? What can we give them that we haven’t? Let’s work with our minds and hands on new ways to give them our hearts. This workshop will be held on October 21 – Barts Centenary UMC, 50 East King Street, Littlestown (9 am – 1 pm)
These FREE interactive workshops include a light lunch. Each workshop is eligible for .4 CEUs from the Susquehanna Conference Committee on Lay Servant Ministries.
For questions or to register, contact Terri at email@example.com.
YOUTH WORKERS’ RETREAT
Just like a youth retreat…but without the youth!
November 3-4, 2023 at Wesley Forest Camp & Retreat Center.
Come for a time to connect with other youth leaders from all over the conference and find renewal for your life and ministry.
Opportunities include a workshop on using creative dislocation to foster faith formation in your community, one on one coaching, and information sessions on how conference connections can support your local ministries! There will also be optional renewal opportunities including a guided prayer walk, yoga, and time for rest.
This year you are invited to come early on Friday to enjoy time at Wesley Forest before our gathering begins
Cost $25 Childcare is available and is included
Register by October 15
For the weeks of September 17 – 23
New Germantown UMC, Blain
Faith UMC, Huntingdon
Lake Como UMC, Lake Como
East Smithfield UMC, East Smithfield
North Orwell Union Church, North Orwell
Daniels-St. Thomas UMC, Mount Pleasant
Houserville UMC, State College
Court Street UMC, Scranton
Rose Valley UMC, Trout Run
Hays Grove UMC, Newville
Mount Zion UMC, Dillsburg
- #STILLINMISSION – Join us September 21 (12:00 PM EST) via Zoom. As our understanding of the church’s role in mission continues to develop, we invite you to join the Global Mission Fellows program in a conversation on past mission mistakes and how together we can do better in the future. This workshop will consider justice, environmental impacts, local leadership, and more as a lens when planning future mission engagement. Registration is limited. You will get a confirmation email once your registration is accepted. Learn More & Register Today
- Communication Impact Week returns with exclusive training opportunities – Communications Impact Week returns September 18-22 with exclusive training opportunities and a celebration of the power of effective communication to drive successful ministry. The event, hosted by United Methodist Communications (UMCom), will showcase how communication resources and tools empower ministry around the globe. Learn More
- Communications Learning Week returns to reenergize church outreach – United Methodist Communication (UMCom) has announced the return of its week-long ecumenical training opportunity launching this fall for anyone in ministry seeking to enhance their communications skills. Communications Learning Week: Communications that Transform will be held October 16-20 and is designed with busy schedules in mind. All of the learning week content will be recorded and stored in a learning portal that participants will have access to for six months following the event. An early bird 20% discount available for people signing up by September 30.
- 5 ways to pray with kids – Learn how to use play, art, dance, games, touch and laughter to help kids discover prayer. Read More