Alive in Christ together we embody the beloved community of disciple-making congregations
Friday, October 6, 2023
INVITATION TO NOMINATE EPISCOPAL CANDIDATE(S)
As the 2024 Jurisdictional Conference delegation of the Susquehanna Conference begins its work, one of the great responsibilities of the delegation is to identify possible Episcopal candidates. Through a process of discernment and prayer the delegation has determined to extend an invitation to clergy and lay members of the Annual Conference to submit the name of any person you feel led to nominate as a candidate for the episcopacy. All nominations must be sent to Rev. Kind by email or U.S. mail by October 9, 2023. READ MORE
UPCOMING WEBINAR SERIES
It’s not too late to register!
Glimpses of the Beloved Community and How to Achieve It
CEU’s are available
Laity and Clergy, please join us on Thursday, October 12 (6:30 – 7:30pm) for the fourth in a series of webinar conversations hosted by The Beloved Community Commission. This webinar will be with Rev. Luther B. Felder, Campus Pastor and Assistant Professor of Theology at Paine College in Augusta, Georgia; speaking with us about Glimpses of the Beloved Community and How to Achieve It.
LEARN MORE & REGISTER TODAY
UPCOMING LAY SERVANT WORKSHOPS
- Right Stuff: Advent Workshop – How can we “love God” better?What can we give of ourselves? We’ll do some unique and surprising creative arts to find out. This workshop will be held on October 14 – Barts Centenary UMC, 50 East King Street, Littlestown (9 am – 1 pm)
- Invent Event – How can we “love others” better? What can we give that seems impossible? We’ll do some unusual and new creative problem-solving to find out. This workshop will be held on October 21 – Barts Centenary UMC, 50 East King Street, Littlestown (9 am – 1 pm)
These FREE interactive workshops include a light lunch. Each workshop is eligible for .4 CEUs from the Susquehanna Conference Committee on Lay Servant Ministries. Questions: contact Terri at email@example.com.
For the weeks of October 8-14
Claysburg UMC, Claysburg
Upper Strasburg UMC, Upper Strasburg
Beach Lake UMC, Beach Lake
Reward UMC, Millerstown
Salem UMC, West Decatur
Eagles Mere Community UMC, Eagles Mere
Donation UMC, Huntingdon
Tompkinsville UMC, Scott Township
Faith UMC, Wapwallopen
Grove Memorial UMC, Lewistown
Camp Penn Camp & Retreat Center, Waynesboro
Tabe UMC, Kowa – Sierra Leone
- United Methodist Appalachian Ministry Network is hosting a Fall Virtual Webinar/Seminar: Building Bridges of Hope: The Role of Rural Churches in Building Recovery Ecosystems
October 27, 2023 (starting at 10 am) Presenter will be Rev. Matthew Johnson, Director of Faith-Based Initiatives for the Fletcher Group
For more information contact: Angela Kirtdoll Bates – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holding Sacred Space mental health seminar – Creating space in which to break the stigma of mental illness, this webinar series with special guests emphasizes the intersectionalities of mental health, faith and social action. The series, hosted by Church and Society, is comprised of six webinars that will take place throughout October. Registration is required for each webinar. Learn more and register
- – All Saints Day, November 1, is a time to remember Christians of every time and place, honoring those who lived faithfully and shared their faith with us. But this practice does not have to happen just one day a year.
- Find your Advent 2023 resources now – It is never too early to start planning your congregation’s Advent services. Discipleship Ministries has you covered with sermon notes, suggested hymns, prayers and social media graphics. This year’s theme is “Our Spirit Waits.” It encourages congregations to carry hope, peace, joy and love as they live as disciples who anticipate the coming of Christ into the world.