Alive in Christ together we embody the beloved community of disciple-making congregations
Friday, May 26, 2023
ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2023 OVERVIEW
See what happened at the 2023 Susquehanna Annual Conference
View the Susquehanna Daily LINKs, the LIVE Stream Archive and the photo gallery
*Note: The Saturday Wrap up edition was updated on May 24, 2023
LOST & FOUND ITEMS FROM AC
- The Faith-Sharing New Testament with the Psalms
- The Workbook on the Ten Commandments with other various handouts inside
- 2 3/4 inch wooden cross on a white string
- She/Her pin
- Grace,love, justice and inclusion ally open table pin
- Pink 30 oz water bottle with 9am-1pm on the side of the bottle made by zak!
- Black leather glove genuine sheepskin size l/xl velcro on top to size to wrist
- Red glasses Marilyn Monroe +2.5
- Sunglasses Solar Accents gray with reflective lenses
- Black jacket Tiger Woods collection size XL zipper pockets on each side
Please contact Amy Wynn by phone at 717-766-7441 ext 3600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim.
CLERGY SERVICE RECORD
All clergy who are remaining United Methodist are asked to check their address/contact information in Section III Directories and their service record in Section VII of the 2022 Susquehanna Conference Journal. The Journal is available online at
Corrections should be sent to the Conference Secretary, Cindy Weaver at email@example.com
As shared at the 2023 Annual Conference, the Property and Casualty Insurance Committee has agreed to cover your $2500 deductible if you have a water claim, and have the current sensors (Meshify) activated and in use. The previous sensors no longer are part of our program. To order new sensors for your properties, please contact Sherri Sayre at SSayre@guideone.com. Thank you, Jennifer Parks-Snyder, Chair of P&C Committee.
GRAHAM PROPERTY INSPECTION CHECKLIST
The following checklist may be used as part of a monthly inspection of church properties. The items listed are not meant to be inclusive of all hazards that may be present. (This was provided as a handout at the Graham booth during the annual conference last week.)
TWO SUMMERTIME OPPORTUNITIES AT ORCHARD HILL
Pastor’s Sabbath, Tuesday, June 6 with Rev. Eric Shafer
(TOPIC: Falling in Love with Sabbath, 24 hours of Rest and Delight).
Deadline to register Tuesday, May 30. Overnight available.
Pastor’s Sabbath, Tuesday, August 1 with John Vidal
(TOPIC: Resting in God: Centering Prayer and Lectio Divina) Overnight available.
See flyer for additional details and additional dates in the fall.
WEBINAR: INVESTING YOUR HSA
Did you know that you can invest your unspent HSA monies in stocks and mutual funds? On Tuesday, June 6 (11 AM) and Wednesday, June 7 (3 PM), Health Equity will be hosting a webinar to tell you more.
Your HSA is like a second 401(k). It’s a powerful investment tool that can grow into the ultimate retirement nest egg. Attendees will learn:
- Why HSAs are suited for long-term healthcare savings
- It’s never too early or too late to invest an HSA
- HealthEquity technology makes investing funds easy
VOLUNTEERS IN MISSION (VIM) JOURNEY TO WESLEY FOREST
June 14 – 17; Cost: $50
Join VIM at Wesley Forest Conference Camp and Retreat Center. We will be working with the amazing Summer Staff to get camp ready to open that Sunday. Lodging and meals are included. All sorts of tasks need to be completed to make this summer’s camp the best yet. Projects may include painting, trail maintenance, and putting the boats in the lake.
Contact Michelle Schwartzman, VIM Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register and for more details.
MISSION OPPORTUNITY: JUNE 26-30
Calvary UMC Home Repair Mission Trip for Onondaga (New York) Native American Home Repair. June 26-30, 2023, departing and returning to Calvary UMC 4700 Locust Lane Harrisburg PA. Cost is $275 for Non-Members and $200 for Calvary Members.
View brochure for more details.
Questions, call John Shepler at 717-579-2548 or email email@example.com
Paupack UMC, Paupack
Oriole UMC, Jersey Shore
Ennisville UMC, Huntingdon
Shrader UMC, Reedsville
*Aldersgate UMC, York
*Kayima UMC, Kayima – Sierra Leone
Faith UMC, Halifax
Calvary UMC, Lawrenceville
Shiloh UMC, Woodland
Emmanuel UMC, Windsor
Trinity UMC, Middleburg
Greene Hills Camp/Retreat Center & RV Park, Alexandria
- New Downloadable Toolkit for Cross-Racial/Cross-Cultural Ministry –
The work of cross-racial/cross-cultural (CRCC) ministry requires one to juggle a variety of mindsets, heart sets, and skill sets. The General Commission on Religion and Race has developed a variety of different resources to empower, prepare, and equip CRCC ministry leaders across diverse ministry contexts to do their best work. Use this toolkit to familiarize yourself and your local faith community with practical resources for forming a healthy, sustainable CRCC ministry partnership. View Toolkit
- Are you tired of the same old routine in your kids’ ministry? Spice things up with some tech-inspired creativity! Discover how digital tools can make Bible study and Scripture memorization fun for kids, and how social media can build a stronger sense of community among families in your ministry. Level Up
- Bring real people into real church with social media – Have you ever considered how churches can leverage the power of social media recommendations to reach a wider audience? Here are seven practical ways to encourage congregants to share their positive experiences with their social networks, from asking them to check in and post during services to creating tweetable quotes and Instagrammable slides. Share Thy Church
- Save the Date: Facing the Future 2023, November 14-16, 2023: Join us in Atlanta Georgia, where leaders from all over the country will come together to be affirmed and equipped to be effective change agents in their ministry in the world. Themed Be3: Being, Belonging, and Becoming, Facing the Future 2023 will be grounded in biblical and theological reflection, foster an environment of affirmation and support, have engaging and dynamic multicultural worship, and provide practical and relevant workshops and tools to further equip attendees as we journey toward together in building a more inclusive and connected future. Registration Opens June 1. Learn More