The NEJ Conference was held November 2-4, 2022, in College Park, Maryland.
The theme was “One In Ministry To All The World” as taken from Philippians 2.
The NEJ met November 1-4 to worship, elect a new bishop, celebrate, hear reports, and vote on legislation
The Susquehanna, Western PA, and West Virginia Conference delegations meeting together after it was announced that both bishops would continue to share coverage.
- Rev. Dr. Thomas L. Salsgiver was elected to continue serving as the Northeastern Jurisdiction Conference Secretary.
- Rev. Dr. Kathleen E. Kind, along with other Directors of Connectional Ministries, delivered the NEJ Call to Action against racism.
- Susquehanna Delegate Rev. Matthew E. Lake put forth a motion to postpone the election of a second bishop after rounds of dead-locked voting.
- Rev. Rebecca L. Holland advocated for users with disabilities when debating logistics of conferencing over Zoom.
- Bishops Cynthia Moore-Koikoi and Sandra Steiner Ball will continue to provide episcopal coverage for the Susquehanna Conference.
- The next jurisdictional conference will be held in Western Pennsylvania in 2024
- General Conference will be held in Charlotte, North Carolina on April 23 – May 3, 2024
- Detailed information about the events of each day can be viewed in the Daily Christian Advocate, which was published each day of the conference.
- To view photos from the conference, visit https://www.flickr.com/photos/
The Northeastern Jurisdictional Conference of the United Methodist Church met November 1-4 to worship, elect and consecrate a new bishop, celebrate retirees, hear reports, and vote on various legislation.