General Job Description:
The Administrative Assistant works with the Pastor to oversee the administrative needs of the Park Forest Village church. This includes, but is not limited to, communication, database management, calendaring, and supporting the work of ministry. Must maintain confidentiality in all areas of job responsibilities. Must complete/clear Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Clearances.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
The church administrator position supports the larger mission of the church of making disciples – transforming the world. This position supports the mission by ensuring clear internal and external communication that makes it easier for everyone to do their ministry and for those outside to connect with the church. In some cases, the church administrator is the first interaction with someone outside the church, therefore must have an openhearted attitude.
Specific Skills Needed:
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Publisher, and ability to learn new software as needs arise. Experience with websites and online communication is necessary. Highly organized. Able to be self-directed and work independently.
Maintains designated office hours with the following responsibilities:
- Answers and directs phone calls and welcomes visitors during office hours.
- Oversees and administers the church database.
- Prepares weekly worship bulletins, announcements and special bulletins.
- Prepares official correspondence for the pastor and the church.
- Coordinates and maintains the church calendar and membership data base.
- Serves as facility coordinator following the guidelines set by the Board of Trustees.
- Produce and mail monthly newsletter.
- Coordinates purchasing for various ministries of the church.
- Update church web site weekly and add new content.
- Update and send the Church Directory semi-annually.
- Ensures coordination across website, social media, and print communication by serving as the administrator and content developer of social media in support of PFVUMC’s mission.
- Fulfills requirements for paperwork for yearly Church conference and year end reports for conference.
- Orders and maintains office and janitorial supplies with approval of pastor. Stock pews with appropriate envelopes, visitor cards, and other supplies.
- Expand programs of electronic communications.
- This staff position reports directly to the Pastor and works with volunteers involved in worship.
- Other duties as assigned.
Contact: Beth Evanko, SPRC Chairman at 814-280-5153
1833 Park Forest Avenue, State College PA 16803